The Maeng Da is an ancient and famous type of Kratom. It maintains a high reputation among users because of its high potency and medicinal features. It’s known to have one of the most substantial effects among all the Kratom types.
Growing the Maeng Da
Since the demand for Kratoms has significantly increased over the past decade, a lot of business people were attracted to grow their Kratoms. The Maeng Da is a favorite of many.
These people soon realized that these trees could not be easily grown in different locations. They require the environment where they originated from.
This means that Kratom trees can only be grown in particular areas in Southeast Asia.
Natives from these locations have mastered the growing of Kratom trees. These businessmen will then export the products to different countries across the world.
With that said, you can easily purchase Maeng Da powder and capsules with the best quality. You only need to find a trusted vendor.
The Characteristics of Maeng Da
- Originating from the distant areas of Thailand, Maeng Da used to be rare. With the increasing demand over the years, it is now one of the most popular strains of Kratom.
- It’s believed that this strain contains a higher content of alkaloid compared to other Kratom types.
- Originally, the colors of the leaves are dark. They turn green once they are smashed or crushed.
- Another unique characteristic of Maeng Da is its distinct and overpowering smell.
The Effects of Maeng Da
- A powerful mood enhancer.
- Compared to other Kratoms, it has more stimulating effects.
- In many cases, it is likened to nootropics, which means the effects are strong.
- Many Kratom users claimed that after using the Maeng Da powder, they became more awake and focused.
- It battles fatigue more effectively compared to other Kratom strains.
The Precautions of Using Maeng Da
Even though the Maeng Da is a natural herb, there are still precautions you must observe. The effects of this strain when ingested in high doses are compared to those you feel when you take caffeine.
Caffeine can cause anxiety and restlessness. Once the user lacks sleep or rest, irritation will follow. It’s then recommended that you refrain from using Maeng Da if you already suffer from anger and restlessness.
Instead, you can use the White Vein or Red Vein strain.
Using low doses will promote a more focused mind. Moreover, if you begin with small quantities, your tolerance to the herb will be managed.
Effects of Using High Amounts of Kratom
If you have ingested more than the required dose, you may suffer from several side effects that may include:
- Elevated mental alertness
- Stomach problems
- Increased irritability
Duration of the Effects
Most Kratom enthusiasts claim that they experience the effects of Maeng Da longer than most Kratoms. On an average, users claim the benefits last six to eight hours.
However, it will still depend on the quality and dose of your Kratom. So, if you’re still new, you might experience it longer as your tolerance hasn’t built up yet.
The Right Dosage for Maeng Da Powder
- For beginners: 1 to 2 grams
- The standard dosage: 4 to 5 grams
- For experts: 8 grams and up
Even without a scale, you can still measure the Maeng Da powder. That is if you’re already used to it. However, if you’re still getting to know it, it’s recommended that you use a scale.
Estimating the doses might not give you the effects you’re looking for. It’s either the amounts aren’t enough that you didn’t get the benefits you were expecting or you put too much that there’s a risk of increasing your tolerance or experiencing side effects such as dizziness and lethargy.
The Maeng Da powder can be ingested in several ways. It’s a good idea to apply your creativity and find out what works best for you. Always control your dose.
If your tolerance to the strain becomes enhanced, you must gradually increase your dose. This is to prevent yourself from getting addicted to Kratom. Also, so you won’t experience any adverse effects.
Take note; the Maeng Da is one of the strongest among the Kratom types.